Monday, March 23, 2009

World 'Carry On Doing Exactly As You Always Do' Day 2009

Today, as anyone who exists will know, is World ‘Carry On Doing Exactly What You Always Do’ Day, and re:Spectacle would like to take this chance to encourage you to do your bit by getting the f*ck out there and living your day-to-day lives as normally as possible!

Last year was the most successful year ever, with literally billions of people across the globe taking part: schools and universities around the world held learning classes on a variety of different subjects, local councils opened up public areas to all, and many adults donated a whole day of work in a fantastic effort to raise money for themselves and their families.

(Eager Participants @ CODEWYAD 2008)


We’ve already had messages streaming in from people who are doing a great job being themselves in and around the London area. Here are a few of the choice ones to help you get motivated on this not even remotely special day!

Hi guys! Just got to work. Probably going to leave around 5pm when I finish. Keep up the good work everyone!
Mike, Brixton

I‘m outside my house right now. Looking around I can see there are some other people outside too. About an average amount I’d say. I should be inside as soon as I unlock the door and turn the handle. CODEWYAD 2009 looks like it’s shaping up to be the most normal yet!
Jane, Blackheath

Got off to a bad start today – couldn’t remember if I normally had Shreddies or Ricicles for breakfast! Luckily I remembered just in time and everything has gone normally since then. No more fantastic than usual!
Sandeep, Kilburn

Av just stolen dis phone. Dats my 3d 1 dis week. Safe.
Big V, Reppin East Sides.

Bling Crosby

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Standard Crosby style - bare joke!